I NEED RELIGIOUS INSTITUTION INSURANCE/CHURCH INSURANCE, CAN YOU HELP?
Providing your congregation with a place to worship where a peace of mind, sense of community, and spiritual guidance are a top priority, can be a tremendous undertaking. Religious Institutions face challenges daily with accusations of abuse and molestation, and even liability resulting counseling services.
Specialty Market Managers works with Carriers who understand the needs of operating a place of worship, and currently protect more than 46,000 houses of worship across the United States.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE COVERAGES I SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR IN A RELIGIOUS INSTITUTION INSURANCE/CHURCH INSURANCE COMPANY?
Houses of worship are not just full on Sundays. They often host preschools, daycare centers, bible study groups and community meetings. All of this activity can lead to falls, fires, misconduct, and even theft. In addition to these risks, religious institutions often have significant assets that must be protected by their religious institution insurance/church insurance. Some examples of the best coverages are:
- General Liability
- Crime Insurance
- Abuse & Molestation
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL COVERAGES I SHOULD BE AWARE OF FOR MY CLIENTS?
There are many differences between religious institutions and regular businesses. Some of the extra coverages you should make sure your clients have are:
- Ministers and pastors liability insurance
- offers spiritual counseling liability protection. Rules vary, but coverage will often extend to clergy, church leadership, and paid or non-paid sanctioned volunteers
- Directors, officers and trustees liability insurance
- Your board of directors will be protected by this coverage if members of your church or employees sue them
- Religious freedom insurance
- This coverage will protect your church from discrimination suits.
- Church-sponsored activities liability insurance
- This coverage offers protection for off-site activities that your church may sponsor, such as picnics and softball games. These are one-off policies and must be purchased separately before each event.